Saturday, November 5, 2011

Love what you do...

It is a real good thing that i love my job, because i feel like i have lived there for the past month! With my manager on maternity leave, that only leaves four of us.  Since our salon is in the mall, we are required to be open when the mall is open.  Well with only four girls to cover all the shifts, it makes it hard when some of them need time off, so i have been working a lot of extra shifts, covering for the girls when they have needed it.  I don't mind helping them out and i don't mind working extra, but i think that the main reason that i don't mind being there is that it doesn't feel like work.  I seriously believe that i have the best job in the world.  I get to go to work and not only play with peoples hair all day, but make them feel better about themselves!  It is amazing to me how having your hair done in either new cut or color, or even just having someone else style your hair can make the biggest difference in how you are feeling about yourself, or even just that day! While i get to play with their hair, i love that i am able to get to know each of my clients on a personal level.  I have met and got to know so many people in a way that i never would have doing something in say retail or in an office.  There is something about the relationship of a stylist and her client that i just love.  I don't know what it is about that chair, but i think that it brings out the best part of my job.  I am so grateful to have such amazing clients who i can talk to like they are my good friend!  I definitely have had some crazy people sit in my chair, and some people i wouldn't mind if i never saw them again, that's for sure.  But i always enjoy when my day is full of requests and we are able to catch up on the happenings of each others lives. 
 Another reason why i love my job, is the girls that i work with.  I am so lucky that we all get along so well.  Because as you can imagine, a bunch of girls working together in a small environment can be a disaster waiting to happen.  But thankfully we all get along really well and we have had no drama... yet!  I don't think that we will, but i am sure one of us is bound to break soon! ha But until that happens we like to have fun during the slow moments and take some pictures! 


"When you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life" 

No comments:

Post a Comment