Monday, October 3, 2011

Bridal Shower

My baby sister (she is only 14 months younger than me) is getting married in just under a WEEK!! That statement is slightly weird! As her maid of honor, naturally i was in charge of throwing her a bridal shower.  I love to plan things, however i am not a planner.  Basically meaning, that i like to pretend that i am organized and make lists and plan things such as a bridal shower; but in the end i  usually end up procrastinating until the last minute.  And this shower was no different.  I got everything planned and it went off without a hitch.  But i'm not going to lie, it was mostly thanks to the help of my mom and gramma!  They went shopping the day before to get all the supplies, and by shopping.. i mean they went to twelve different stores!  Now that is dedication.  They got everything we needed and my gramma did all the baking we needed for the shower.  We decided to have fruit pizza instead of a cake (Ashley doesn't like cake), and we had my favorite square cookies that my gramma makes, and little things to munch on, like chips and salsa.  


So with all that taken care of i just needed to finish up the games and the take home boxes (which turned out cute if i do say so myself!) 

I am not a huge fan of all the cheesy shower games that get played at all the different showers that you go to.  My best friend got married earlier this year, and i used all my favorite ideas on her, so i didn't know what games to play so i settled with these two.

First, everyone closed their eyes and then had to follow my directions as i made it quite difficult to draw a perfect bride and groom.  This one was the winner! (Ashley got to vote) Not too bad eh?
 Then naturally i decided that we needed to find out exactly how well Ashley knows the man she is about to marry! (Which I also did at the other shower, however i knew the groom better so i could ask better questions!)  They have been together for about five years, so you would think she should know him pretty well right?  Well, not so much! :)  I will give her some credit though, i asked hard questions AND she did half of them right! Oh and did i mention that she had to chew a piece of double bubble gum (thanks to gramma) for every question that she got wrong?
 A Group shot (most of everyone)
 Ashley and her future Mother-in-Law
All in all i think that it turned out to be a successful event.  Thanks to everyone that came!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was so much fun, I'm bummed I missed it! I am drooling looking at that picture with the fruit pizza! Sorry you used all of your ideas on me haha but you really didn't because that other game looked really cute!

    ReplyDelete